We are excited to announce an insurer transition for the GSA Health & Dental Plan. Effective Sept. 1, 2023, the GSA Health & Dental Plan insurer will change from Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada to Securian Canada (Canadian Premier Life Insurance Company). Eligible students will continue to have access to health and well-being support through the health, dental, vision, and travel benefits covered by the Plan.
Starting Sept. 1, 2023:
- New Insurer: Securian Canada
- New Group Number/Prefix for health & dental claims: MUG
- New Member ID: MUG + Your 9-digit Student ID + 00 (e.g. MUG123456789-00)
- IMPORTANT: Please make sure to update this information at your pharmacy and/or eligible provider clinics for Sept. 1, 2023.The GSA and its partners are working to ensure a smooth transition with minimal disruptions. This transition comes with the exciting introduction of an enhanced web and mobile platform that will make managing coverage more convenient and efficient than ever before. Key features of the enhanced platform include:
- Claim Submission: The new platform allows users to effortlessly submit claims online, eliminating the need for paper forms and lengthy processes.
- Drug Look-Up Tool: A user-friendly tool for looking up the coverage status of prescription drugs under the GSA Plan will be at your fingertips.Note that the Studentcare mobile app will no longer be available as of Sept. 1st, 2023. Please make sure to save any important information (e.g. sent claims history) currently stored there, as you will no longer be able to access it on the app.IMPORTANT: All eligible GSA Plan claims and services (including Pay-Direct) rendered on or after Sept. 1, 2023 must be submitted to the new insurer, Securian Canada, using the new Group Number/Prefix above.
For eligible health, dental, and vision services rendered during the current 2022-2023 policy year (between Sept. 1, 2022 and Aug. 31, 2023), students covered by the Plan have until Oct. 31, 2023 to submit their claims to Sun Life.
As the transition is currently our primary focus, please look out for future updates. Details will be provided to students via email and other campus channels. For more information about the insurer transition, how to claim, and the enhanced web and mobile platform, please visit www.studentcare.ca
For any inquiries, you can also contact the Plan administrator Studentcare by visiting the Assistance Centre at www.studentcare.ca