McMaster Chemistry Graduate Student Society
The McMaster Chemistry Graduate Student Society (MCGSS) is a GSA-ratified club for graduate students belonging to the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology. The club’s main objectives are to organize social events to provide entertainment and camaraderie among students in the department, help new and current graduate students integrate into the department culture, facilitate opportunities for students to network with distinguished professors through formal and informal events, provide platforms to connect graduate students with industry representatives, and advocate for the interests of graduate students to the department.
During this time of COVID-19, we will be hosting regular online meetings such as our weekly virtual coffee Wednesdays, virtual games nights, and seminars that will address student mental health and well-being in addition to providing opportunities for networking and career planning. It is our goal this year to build a strong sense of community among the Chemistry & Chemical Biology graduate students. We’re very excited to represent you this year, and we hope to see you at our events!
Current Executive Members:
- President: Mark Bortolus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice-President: Laura Matchett (email@example.com)
- Secretary: Maryam Darestani-Farahani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer: Md Ali Akbar (email@example.com)
- Media and External Affairs: Kay McCallum (firstname.lastname@example.org)