DeGroote Doctoral Student Association
The purpose of this club shall be:
- Nurture a community of the business PhD students who can learn and grow together not only during their time at DeGroote School of Business, but beyond.
- Enable informal learning opportunities where students learn from each other tips and tricks to navigate their academic life, and research responsibilities.
- Assist in improving various skills of the PhD students including computer skills (such as learning new software), job search skills, communication skills, and more.
- Provide opportunities for PhD students to present their research to other students and faculty members in a safe zone.
- Give opportunities to PhD students to socialize with each other, as well as with the Faculty members from the DeGroote School of Business.
Membership is open to all PhD students of DeGroote School of Business. Membership in this club is open in accordance with all the criteria discussed in the “GSA Clubs Operating Policies” document, irrespective of race, creed, color, gender, class, age, nation of origin, nationality, disability, marital status, religion, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
DDSA members are full-time or part-time PhD students of DeGroote School of Business, and are also members of Graduate Students Association of McMaster University (“GSA”).
- Lunch & Learn Events.
- Social Nights.
- An Annual Research Day.